使用chrome瀏覽器,輕鬆學英文。

如有任何問題,歡迎聯絡我們

希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中
希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中

「戀愛小幫手:把妹成功就靠『它』?!」- Me, My Phone, and My GF


框選或點兩下字幕可以直接查字典喔!

I feel like I haven't truly appreciated the technology and services that smartphones have provided for us. I didn't even get a data plan...data? Data?—a data plan until recently, meaning without Wi-Fi, my smartphone was kind of like a person who has their driver's license but no car. And speaking of driving, built-in GPS system—way useful!
我覺得我還沒真正領悟過智慧型手機帶給我們的科技和服務。我過去甚至沒有申辦行動數居方案...數居?數據?--行動數據方案,直到最近才辦,意思是沒有 Wi-Fi,我的智慧型手機就有點像是個有駕照卻沒有車的人。說到開車,內建的 GPS 系統--超管用的!

I always overconfidently depended on my navigational skills to get around. Back when I first went out with my girlfriend, I had to drive her home after hanging out. Before heading back, I was at a Wi-Fi spot, so I searched up her address. And it seemed like really simple directions, so I said, "Cool. Good to go."
我總是過度自信地依賴自己的導航技巧四處闖蕩。之前我第一次和女朋友出遊時,我必須在約會後載她回家。回程前,我在一個 Wi-Fi 據點,所以我就搜尋了她的地址。它看起來真的是很簡單的路線,所以我說:「好極了。準備好可以走囉。」

"Are you sure?"
「你確定嗎?」

"Yup."
「是啊。」

"I have data and can just guide you all the way—"
「我有行動數據可以就一路上幫你導航--」

"Nah. It should be easy to get there."
「不用啦。應該很容易就到了。」

Ended up missing the exit twice and had to embarrassingly ask her to guide me. Having a smartphone is kind of like having a know-it-all friend with you at all times, and the best part is they don't feel like the third wheel when you bring them with you on a date. If anything, they can be the axle to your bike wheels, your wingman.
結果是錯過出口兩次並且得尷尬地請她幫我導航。擁有一支智慧型手機有點像是有一個萬事通朋友隨時在你身邊,且最棒的部分是當你帶著它們去約會,它們不會像是個電燈泡。真要說的話,它們可說是你腳踏車的輪軸(註一)、你最罩的把妹拍檔。

"Where do you wanna eat? I don't really know the area."
「你想去哪裡吃飯呢?我不是很熟悉這個地方。」

"Don't worry. I got this."
「別擔心。包在我身上。」

"Hey, man. I, uh, need a little help here."
「嘿,老兄。我,呃,這兒需要一點幫助。」

"All right. So there's this nice place down the street and they have this amazing lamb dish. You definitely gotta try it. Average dinner price is around 100 dollars per person and it comes with a..."
「沒問題。這條街有個很不錯的地方,而且他們有這個很棒的羊肉料理。你一定得試試看。平均晚餐價位是每人一百美金左右,而且還附帶一個...」

"A hundred dollars?! This is only, like, our third date, man. Are their lambs made of unicorns? Does it grant you wishes when you eat them? Do you know how many shawarma wraps I can get with 100 dollars?!"
「一百美金?!這不過是,像是,我們第三次的約會耶,老兄。他們的羊肉是用獨角獸做的喔?吃了牠們會願望成真嗎?你知道一百美金可以讓我買多少個沙威瑪嗎?!」

"Okay, okay. Chill. There's a cheap burger spot around the corner..."
「好嘛,好嘛。冷靜點。轉角處有個便宜的漢堡店...」

"Work with me here, man."
「和我站在同一陣線啊,老兄。」

"Hmm...K-BBQ?"
「嗯...韓式燒烤?」

"Do you like Korean barbecue?"
「妳喜歡韓式燒烤嗎?」

"I've always wanted to try it but never got the chance."
「我一直想吃吃看但從來沒有機會。」

"You've never...?! We're going."
「妳從來沒有...?!我們走。」

"Beep, beep, boop, beep...that way!"
「嗶,嗶,咘,嗶...那個方向!」

"Hmm...I wish we had more of the beef."
「嗯...我希望我們有再多一點牛肉。」

"It's all-you-can-eat, so we could just order more."
「這是吃到飽餐廳,所以我們可以再點更多。」

"Ten more, please!"
「再十份,麻煩了!」

"This one's a keeper."
「這女孩好棒。」

"What are you doing over there? You're barely eating. Wait, are you drawing me?"
「你在那邊幹嘛呀?你幾乎沒吃耶。等等,你在畫我嗎?」

"Uh...kinda?"
「呃...算是吧?」

"Let me see!"
「讓我看看!」

"Nope."
「不要。」

"Did you draw cat ears on me again?"
「你又在我身上畫貓耳了嗎?」

"No...Huh?! Hey!"
「沒有啊...呃?!欸!」

"I'm sorry, but as Dom's wingman, I can't let you see what he has...Ah, ah! Okay, okay!"
「我很抱歉,但身為 Dom 最罩的把妹拍檔,我不能讓你看他做了...啊,啊!好啦,好啦!」

"Send this to me. I wanna make it my profile picture."
「把這寄給我。我想要把它設成個人資料的頭貼。」

"Mm-hm. Definitely keep this one."
「嗯哼。這女孩一定要好好把握。」

"Yup."
「當然。」

註一:前面提到的「電燈泡」在英文中是 the third wheel(第三個輪子),表示是額外多出來、礙手礙腳的事物。這裡即是延續這種譬喻說法,表示智慧型手機並非無用的第三個輪子,而是支撐整台腳踏車的輪軸,暗指手機的角色非常重要。

播放本句

登入使用學習功能

使用Email登入

HOPE English 播放器使用小提示

  • 功能簡介

    單句重覆、上一句、下一句:顧名思義,以句子為單位重覆播放,單句重覆鍵顯示橘色時為重覆播放狀態;顯示灰色時為正常播放狀態。按上一句鍵、下一句鍵時就會自動重覆播放該句。
    收錄佳句:點擊可增減想收藏的句子。

    中、英文字幕開關:中、英文字幕按鍵為綠色為開啟,灰色為關閉。鼓勵大家搞懂每一句的內容以後,關上字幕聽聽看,會發現自己好像在聽中文說故事一樣,會很有成就感喔!
    收錄單字:用滑鼠框選英文單字可以收藏不會的單字。
  • 分享
    如果您覺得本篇短片很有趣或很喜歡,在短片結束時有分享連結,可以分享給朋友一同欣賞,一起看YouTube學英文!

    或是您有收錄很優秀的句子時,也可以分享佳句給大家,一同看佳句學英文!