It was a day, just like any other day, until a dame walked in through my door—a dame by the name of Mom.
那是一個平凡無奇的日子,跟平常沒有兩樣,直到一名女子走進我的房門--一名叫做媽媽的女子。
Evan, come look at this.
Evan,過來看看這個。
Uh-oh.
啊噢。
Do you know who did this?
你知道這是誰幹的嗎?
Don't worry, Mom. I'll find the criminal that did this.
別擔心,媽媽。我會找出做出這種事的犯人的。
The Case of the Broken Vase
碎花瓶之案
There are clues everywhere. Whoever had done this had made a mess. The clues told me a story only I could read. It was time to start asking questions.
到處都是線索。不論是誰做的,他都弄得一團糟。這些線索訴說了只有我能讀懂的故事。是時候開始問問題了。
Oh, Evan.
噢,Evan。
I think we both know what's going on.
我想我們都知道發生了什麼事。
Why do you have my shoe?
你為什麼有我的鞋子?
I found it overturned at the crime scene. And you're the only one in the house with big feet.
我在犯罪現場發現它翻過來了。而你是全家唯一有大腳丫的人。
I do have big feet.
我是有大腳丫沒錯。
And inside your shoe, I found this.
而在你的鞋子裡面,我找到了這個。
Fine. I was practicing my dance moves. I didn't want anyone to know, and I had taken off my shoes so I could practice my moonwalk. Then, I heard a weird noise like someone approaching. I got scared and ran out of the room, leaving my shoes there. So you caught me; I was dancing, but I didn't break that vase.
好啦。我在練習我的舞步。我不想讓任何人知道,而且我脫下我的鞋子好讓我可以練習我的月球漫步。然後,我聽到一個奇怪的聲音,就像有人接近一樣。我很害怕就跑出房間了,鞋子也留在那裡。你的確抓到我了;我在跳舞,但我沒有打破那花瓶。
It turns out DaddyTube was only guilty of busting a move. So it was on to the second clue.
結果原來老爸只錯在跳舞而已。接下來該輪到第二條線索了。
I know it was you, Jillian. I found the broken carrot.
我知道是妳,Jillian。我找到被折斷的胡蘿蔔了。
So what? It could've been anyone's carrot.
所以咧?它可能是任何人的胡蘿蔔啊。
Don't lie to me. You've been caught "orange-handed." Admit you broke the vase.
別騙我了。已經「人贓橘獲」。承認就是妳打破花瓶的吧。
Fine. It was my carrot, but I didn't break the vase. I was practicing for the annual carrot-eating contest. That's when I heard a strange sound like someone approaching. I ran through the living room and must have dropped a carrot, but it was in one piece when I left it. So I'm guilty of nothing but a big appetite.
好啦。那是我的胡蘿蔔,但是我並沒有打破花瓶。我當時正在為一年一度的吃胡蘿蔔大賽準備。那時我聽到一個奇怪的聲音,好像有人接近一樣。我跑過客廳,然後一定有掉下了一根胡蘿蔔,但我弄掉的時候是完整的一根。所以我只錯在胃口大了一點而已,沒有犯其他罪。
So it wasn't the little sister. That left only three choices—MommyTube, me, or my invisible friend, Wallace. But Wallace has been on vacation in Hawaii, so it couldn't have been him.
並不是妹妹做的。那只剩下三個選項了--老媽、我,或是我的隱形朋友,Wallace。但 Wallace 還在夏威夷度假,所以不可能是他。
All right, Evan. Did you do it?
好了,Evan。是你做的嗎?
No.
不是。
Good enough for me.
聽你這麼說就夠了。
That left only one person—the dame who started it all—MommyTube.
那只剩下一個人了--開始一切的那位女士--老媽。
What am I doing here? I found the broken vase—
我在這裡幹嘛?是我找到碎花瓶的欸--
Which made it the perfect crime. Let me explain what happened. When you came to see me, you were limping like you had just fallen. I think you were practicing your skateboarding in the house. You went into the living room, tripped over Dad's shoe, stepped on Jillian's carrot then knocked the vase off the shelf, where it smashed into the floor.
那讓它變成一個完美的犯罪。讓我解釋發生了什麼事。當妳來找我的時候,妳一跛一跛地,好像妳剛剛跌倒了。我想妳是在家裡練習溜滑板。妳進到客廳,絆到了爸爸的鞋子,踩到 Jillian 的胡蘿蔔,接著把花瓶從架上撞倒,它就砸到地上了。
Fine, it was me. I did it. I broke the vase, trying to be a great skateboarder. But you know what? I'm allowed to break things and skateboard in the house. I'm a grown-up.
好啦,是我。是我做的。我打破花瓶,試著要當厲害的滑板玩家。但你知道嗎?我可以打破東西,也可以在家裡溜滑板。我是大人。
Mom, you're grounded.
媽,妳被禁足了。
Sorry, Jillian.
對不起啦,Jillian。
Good job, Evan.
做得好,Evan。
No problem, Dad.
沒問題,老爸。
And that's the story of The Case of the Broken Vase.
那就是碎花瓶之案的故事。
Was he talking to himself?
他是在自言自語嗎?
- 「有...的過錯」- Guilty Of
It turns out DaddyTube was only guilty of busting a move.
結果原來老爸只錯在跳舞而已。 - 「跳舞」- Bust A Move
It turns out DaddyTube was only guilty of busting a move.
結果原來老爸只錯在跳舞而已。