使用chrome瀏覽器,輕鬆學英文。

如有任何問題,歡迎聯絡我們

希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中
希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中

「瘋狂挑戰:五天穿同一套衣服去上班」- We Wore the Same Thing for a Week: Here's What Happened


框選或點兩下字幕可以直接查字典喔!

It's a drag having to figure out what to wear every day.
每天要去想穿什麼是一件令人厭煩的事。

We decided not to do it anymore.
我們決定不再這麼做了。

Think of all the hundreds of things I could do with my time if I'm not thinking about clothes.
想想我可以拿我的時間去做的好幾百件事,如果我不用思考要穿什麼衣服的話。

Steve Jobs had, you know, his famous black turtleneck and his jeans, his mom jeans. For Mark Zuckerburg, it's a cardigan and a T-shirt.
史提夫‧賈伯斯穿,你知道,他著名的黑色高領跟牛仔褲,他的老媽褲。馬克.祖克柏的話,就是一件開襟毛衣和一件 T 恤。

Yeah, maybe that's the right idea.
對啊,或許那才是對的想法。

Yeah! A work uniform.
對!一套工作制服。

Here's what happened.
這是接下來發生的事。

I would describe my work uniform as "business lady who can get things done."
我會形容我的工作制服為「可以完成事情的上班女郎」。

I would call my style "PJ-businesslike-ish."
我會稱我的造型為「上班睡衣風」。

It's very "ninjaesque-power" outfit.
那是非常「忍者力量般」的穿著。

Day 1 was a breeze...
第一天非常輕鬆...

I'm really digging the work uniform.
我真的非常喜歡我的工作制服。

I spent a good part of my day just pulling down my skirt, hoping it doesn't ride up.
我光整理裙子就花掉一天大半時間,希望它不要一直往上跑。

I have two of the same outfit.
我有兩套同樣的衣服。

I wear each one for two days and then throw it in the wash.
我每一套穿兩天後就把它丟去洗。

No one said anything to me; no one's noticed anything. I have no complaints. I've also been switching up the cardigan, which gives me a little bit of a change. I have definitely been able to focus on other things, especially in the mornings. I'm getting a little tired of this outfit, but so far, so good. Jeanie has turned this into a challenge now. It's not just one week—we're gonna see who can go the longest without changing their outfit. Um...and I think I'll win.
沒有人跟我說什麼;沒有人注意到任何不同。我沒有抱怨。我有換外面那件開襟毛衣,這樣給我一點點改變的感覺。我肯定能專注於其它事情,尤其是早上的時間。我有一點厭倦這套穿著,但目前都還好。珍妮已經把這變成一個挑戰了。這不只是一個禮拜而已--我們要看誰能撐最久不換衣服。嗯...我覺得我會贏。

I think, um, Justine is gonna lose.
我覺得,嗯,賈絲汀會輸。

Because I haven't been doing this in the most hygienic fashion, I haven't been washing my shirt every single day... It is getting a little bit uncomfortable.
因為我不是以最衛生的方式在參加這個挑戰,我沒有每天洗衣服... 這開始讓人有點不舒服了。

I use deodorant, so B.O. hasn't been that big of an issue. But it is something I'm worried about.
我用體香劑,所以體味不是那麼嚴重的問題。但那是件我滿擔心的事情。

You can ask any of your Asian friends, but we don't really sweat that much in our armpits. And we don't have to wear deodorant.
你可以問你任何一個亞洲朋友,不過我們的腋下不會留那麼多汗。我們也就不需用體香劑。

My boyfriend likes my smell, so he hasn't been complaining about that.
我男友喜歡我的味道,所以他沒有抱怨這點。

Men can wear the same thing to work every day—no one really notices or cares. But women have something different expected of them.
男人可以每天穿一樣去上班--沒有人真的注意到或在意。但對女人就有不同期待。

I feel like women are expected to spend more time on what they're wearing and on their makeup and on their hair. It's Day 5, and I am totally sick of this outfit. I just looked at what I have, and it was stinky and gross. And I didn't wanna put it on.
我覺得女人好像被期待要花更多時間去想要穿什麼跟化妝還有髮型。今天是第五天,我已經完全厭倦這身服裝。我剛剛看我有什麼可以穿,都又臭又噁心。我根本不想穿它。

I actually really like wearing one outfit all the time. I don't care if people are starting to notice that I'm wearing the same thing every day. So I won the Work Uniform Challenge by a day.
我其實很喜歡一直穿同樣的衣服。我不在乎別人是否開始注意到我每天都穿一樣。所以我以一天之差贏得「工作制服挑戰」。

Congratulations. I think that this is, like, a concept that could actually potentially catch on as long as people are accepting of people wearing the same thing every day.
恭喜。我覺得這像是一個確實有潛力會流行起來的概念,只要人們能接受大家每天都穿一樣。

  • 「想出、理解」- Figure Out

    It's a drag having to figure out what to wear every day.
    每天要去想穿什麼是一件令人厭煩的事。

  • 「(衣物)縮上去」- Ride Up

    I spent a good part of my day just pulling down my skirt, hoping it doesn't ride up.
    我光整理裙子就花掉一天大半時間,希望它不要一直往上跑。

  • 「到目前為止一切順利」- So Far, So Good

    I'm getting a little tired of this outfit, but so far, so good.
    我有一點厭倦這套穿著,但目前都還好。

  • 「對...感到厭煩」- Sick Of

    It's Day 5, and I am totally sick of this outfit.
    今天是第五天,我已經完全厭倦這身服裝。

  • 「變得流行」- Catch On

    I think that this is, like, a concept that could actually potentially catch on as long as people are accepting of people wearing the same thing every day.
    我覺得這像是一個確實有潛力會流行起來的概念,只要人們能接受大家每天都穿一樣。

  • 「只要」- As Long As

    I think that this is, like, a concept that could actually potentially catch on as long as people are accepting of people wearing the same thing every day.
    我覺得這像是一個確實有潛力會流行起來的概念,只要人們能接受大家每天都穿一樣。

播放本句

登入使用學習功能

使用Email登入

HOPE English 播放器使用小提示

  • 功能簡介

    單句重覆、上一句、下一句:顧名思義,以句子為單位重覆播放,單句重覆鍵顯示橘色時為重覆播放狀態;顯示灰色時為正常播放狀態。按上一句鍵、下一句鍵時就會自動重覆播放該句。
    收錄佳句:點擊可增減想收藏的句子。

    中、英文字幕開關:中、英文字幕按鍵為綠色為開啟,灰色為關閉。鼓勵大家搞懂每一句的內容以後,關上字幕聽聽看,會發現自己好像在聽中文說故事一樣,會很有成就感喔!
    收錄單字:用滑鼠框選英文單字可以收藏不會的單字。
  • 分享
    如果您覺得本篇短片很有趣或很喜歡,在短片結束時有分享連結,可以分享給朋友一同欣賞,一起看YouTube學英文!

    或是您有收錄很優秀的句子時,也可以分享佳句給大家,一同看佳句學英文!