使用chrome瀏覽器,輕鬆學英文。

如有任何問題,歡迎聯絡我們

希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中
希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中

「老外試吃台灣料理,結果...」- People Try Taiwanese Food for the First Time


框選或點兩下字幕可以直接查字典喔!

How do you describe this?
你怎麼形容這個?

Great.
讚。

Americans Try Taiwanese Food
美國人嘗試台灣食物

For those of you who don't know, Taiwan does not play when it comes to food. So, I thought it would be fun to invite some of my friends who've never had it before and see what they think of it.
你們之中有誰不知道的話,講到食物台灣可沒在開玩笑的。所以我就在想邀請我一些以前從沒吃過的朋友們試看看會很有趣,然後看看他們有什麼感想。

I don't think I've ever had Taiwanese food.
我不認為我有吃過台灣食物。

I've had Chinese food.
我吃過中式料理。

Probably had it once without knowing it.
可能在不知情的情況下有吃過一次吧。

HeySong Sarsaparilla
黑松沙士

HeySong Sarsaparilla!
黑松沙士!

What?
什麼?

This is root beer.
這是根汁汽水。

I wanna put ice cream in it!
我想在裡面加冰淇淋!

It's like bubble gum.
好像泡泡糖。

Bubble gum...some apple juice.
泡泡糖...一些蘋果汁。

Bubble gum?
泡泡糖?

Bubble gum soda?
泡泡糖汽水?

Yeah, a little bit like a cream soda?
嗯,有一點點像冰淇淋汽水?

Yeah.
對。

A little...like, it's very, very sweet.
有一點點...像是,這非常、非常甜。

Scallion Pancake
蔥油餅

This looks like Korean pancakes.
這看起來像韓國煎餅。

It's very buttery.
非常油香順口。

There's oil in between every layer of this.
這裡面每層都充滿油耶。

I would dip it in sauce.
我會把它沾著醬吃。

Yeah! There's, like, flaky layers!
真的耶!有酥鬆的層次!

I feel uncomfortable watching you peel it open.
我覺得看你把它剝開好不舒服。

Why?
為什麼?

I'm digging it. It reminds me a lot of, like, latkes.
我喜歡。它讓我想到馬鈴薯餅。

Every culture has something like a tortilla.
每種文化都有個像墨西哥薄餅的東西。

This definitely tastes Asian as f***, though.
不過這吃起來絕對是超級亞洲味。
Taiwanese Sausage
台灣香腸

Is that garlic?
那是大蒜嗎?

Is it just straight up cloves of garlic?
就這樣直接大蒜瓣擺出來?

It doesn't have, like, the spice taste that a lot of sausages have.
它沒有,像是,很多香腸會有的香料味。

Huh?
嗄?

You don't like it?
你不喜歡嗎?

No, no, it's not that I don't like it. I just haven't tasted this before.
不、不,不是我不喜歡。我只是從來沒吃過這個而已。

It's kind of sweet.
有點甜甜的。

But it's, like, a good sweet.
不過是種好吃的甜。

I don't get it, because sausage is ground up, but this doesn't look ground up. It looks like it was ham.
我不懂,因為香腸是絞碎的肉,不過這看起來不像絞碎過啊。這看起來像原本是火腿。

I love the garlic with it.
我喜歡配著蒜吃。

I'm not mad at this.
我不愛這個。

The garlic is strong.
大蒜很嗆。

I love garlic, but it's a decision to eat straight garlic.
我愛大蒜,不過要單吃大蒜得下定決心。

Yeah, I'll eat that.
嗯,我會把那吃掉。

Beef Noodle Soup
牛肉麵

Oh my God...noodles.
我的天啊...麵。

It smells so good.
聞起來好香。

Is this bok choy?
這是青江菜嗎?

Funny, because when I eat that kind of food, I never eat the cabbage.
有意思,因為我吃那類食物時從不吃青菜的。

Why don't you eat the cabbage, YB? It's great!
YB,妳為什麼不吃青菜啊?很好吃啊!

I really like this.
我真的很喜歡這道。

Refreshing and nature-y.
清爽而且又很自然樸實。

This is definitely, like, a lighter dish you would have.
這絕對是你會想吃的低負擔料理。

It's not too salty, and it's not too sweet.
它不會太鹹,而且也不會太甜。

It's good, you know. It's beef noodle soup.
好吃,你知道。這是牛肉麵。

The thing with pho is that the beef gets overcooked.
這個河粉的問題是牛肉煮太老了。

Yeah, I gotta take you to better places, then.
嗯,那麼我得帶妳去其它比較好的餐廳了。

Braised Pork over Rice
肉燥飯

Oh my gosh...
我的老天...

This is like bulgogi.
這就像韓式烤肉。

Yeah, I was about to say this looks kinda like bulgogi.
對,我正要說這看起來有點像韓式烤肉。

Taiwanese food is really similar to Korean food.
台灣食物和韓國的真的很像。

Oh my gosh... Yes!
我的天... 讚耶!

I love dishes that have multiple animals in them.
我愛死裡面有很多種動物的料理了。

It almost melts in your mouth because it's so...it's just so soft.
它幾乎就在你嘴裡化掉,因為它...它就是這麼軟嫩。

As a kid, I always ate rice and I always hated eating rice because then I'd always have to, like, mix it with the meat and stuff like this. But this is, like, drenched in, like, its own sauce.
還小的時候,我都是吃飯,然後我一直很討厭吃飯,因為吃飯我總是得拌肉和這類玩意。不過這個,它就像是,飯就整個被浸在本身的醬汁裡了。

So, How Did It Go?
那麼,評價如何呢?

Yes...all the way!
讚...從頭到尾都讚!

There weren't, like, a million ingredients in each thing. There are, like, three to five ingredients in every dish, but they work very well together.
每道菜裡面沒有一大堆食材。每道都是三到五種材料那樣,不過搭在一起非常對味。

Just like a few ingredients all happily chilling together in your mouth.
就像是少少幾樣食材全在你嘴裡開心地玩耍一樣。

A-plus-plus—get you some Taiwanese food or get you someone who knows how to make authentic Taiwanese food.
滿分--親自試試台灣食物,或找到一個知道怎麼做道地台灣美食的人。

  • 「當談到...時」- When It Comes To

    For those of you who don't know, Taiwan does not play when it comes to food.
    你們之中有誰不知道的話,講到食物台灣可沒在開玩笑的。

播放本句

登入使用學習功能

使用Email登入

HOPE English 播放器使用小提示

  • 功能簡介

    單句重覆、上一句、下一句:顧名思義,以句子為單位重覆播放,單句重覆鍵顯示橘色時為重覆播放狀態;顯示灰色時為正常播放狀態。按上一句鍵、下一句鍵時就會自動重覆播放該句。
    收錄佳句:點擊可增減想收藏的句子。

    中、英文字幕開關:中、英文字幕按鍵為綠色為開啟,灰色為關閉。鼓勵大家搞懂每一句的內容以後,關上字幕聽聽看,會發現自己好像在聽中文說故事一樣,會很有成就感喔!
    收錄單字:用滑鼠框選英文單字可以收藏不會的單字。
  • 分享
    如果您覺得本篇短片很有趣或很喜歡,在短片結束時有分享連結,可以分享給朋友一同欣賞,一起看YouTube學英文!

    或是您有收錄很優秀的句子時,也可以分享佳句給大家,一同看佳句學英文!