使用chrome瀏覽器,輕鬆學英文。

如有任何問題,歡迎聯絡我們

希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中
希平方
攻其不背
App 開放下載中

「超實用商業英語會話,教你不會得罪人的拒絕話術」- Politely Refusing Something


框選或點兩下字幕可以直接查字典喔!

English at Work: Politely Refusing
職場英文:有禮貌地拒絕

Hello! You're joining us again after Anna's call from Mr. Lime—he asked her to lunch, remember? Now, Anna and Denise are flapping.
哈囉!你又加入我們了,在安娜接到萊姆先生的電話後--他邀她共進午餐,記得嗎?現在,安娜和丹妮絲慌張死了。

...and before you know it, he'll be asking you to marry him. Trust me, Anna; this has happened to me dozens of times.
...然後啊,很快他就會叫妳嫁給他了。相信我,安娜;我可有過不少經驗。

But I thought he was only interested in the lemons! Please promise me you won't mention this to anyone.
可是我以為他只是對檸檬有興趣啊!拜託答應我妳不會向任何人提起這件事。

Okay, I promise.
好,我保證。

Oh! Shh!
噢!安靜!

Good morning, ladies. What's going on?
女士們,早安。怎麼回事啊?

Mr. Lime has asked Anna to lunch.
萊姆先生邀安娜一起吃午餐。

Please...
拜託...

And?
然後呢?

And it's not to talk business! I saw him looking at her with big eyes from the moment he first saw her!
然後不是要談公事喔!從他第一次見到安娜那刻,我就看他眼巴巴地望著她了!

Denise!
丹妮絲!

Old Slimy Limey, eh? Lucky Anna!
老滑頭萊姆是吧?幸運的安娜!

He's not slimy. It's just...
他又不滑頭。只是...

Don't tell me you said yes!
別跟我說妳答應了!

Well, I didn't know what to say.
這個嘛,我不知道要說什麼啊。

You didn't?
不會吧?

No, no. I said I was busy and would call back. I wanted to just say no, but with everyone complaining that I'm not polite on the phone...I just... I didn't know how to say it politely.
不、不是啦。我回說我很忙,會再打回去。我想要直接拒絕,可是大家都抱怨我講電話不夠有禮貌...我就... 我不知道要怎樣客氣地說。

All right. Well, I'll tell you what to say.
好吧。嗯,我來告訴妳要說什麼。

Hang on! Let me write it down. Why do all the pens keep disappearing?
等等!讓我寫下來。為什麼所有的筆都一直搞失蹤啊?

Here's one.
這裡有一支。

Thanks. Okay. I'm listening, Tom.
謝啦。好。我聽著呢,湯姆。

Okay. Say, "Go..."
好的。就說:「滾...」。

Go...
滾...

"...away...Slimy Limey."
「...開...滑頭萊姆。」

Go away, Slimy Limey. Are you sure?
滾開,滑頭萊姆。你確定?

Yeah, of course.
對啊,當然。

Don't listen to him, Anna. This is what you should say: "Thank you for your offer. But I'm really sorry; I won't be able to." Then explain why. Say, "I'm afraid blah, blah, blah..."
別聽他的,安娜。妳應該這樣說:「謝謝你的提議。不過很抱歉;我沒辦法去。」接著解釋為什麼。就說:「恐怕怎樣怎樣的...」。
Blah, blah, blah?
怎樣怎樣?

Say it's against company policy to have non-business lunches with clients.
就說和客戶非因公共進午餐有違公司政策。

Meaning?
意思是?

You're not allowed to if it's not for business. Then say, "It wouldn't be appropriate. So, with regret, I'm going to have to say no."
如果不是公事的話妳就不能去。然後說:「這樣不太恰當。所以,很遺憾,我必須拒絕。」

Okay. I think I've got that all down. Thanks. He'll be waiting for my call.
好。我想我全記下來了。謝啦。他等著我回電呢。

Hello! Seb Lime speaking.
哈囉!我是賽巴‧萊姆。

Hello, Mr. Lime.
萊姆先生你好。

Anna! Please, call me Seb. So, when can I invite you to lunch?
是安娜啊!拜託,叫我賽巴就好。那麼,我什麼時候能邀請妳吃午餐呢?

Thank you for your offer...
謝謝你的提議...

Well, thank you for your offer. But I'm really sorry; I won't be able to.
這個嘛,謝謝你的提議。不過很抱歉;我沒辦法去。

Oh?
喔?

I'm afraid...
恐怕...

I'm afraid it's against company policy to have non-business lunches with people.
非因公和人共進午餐恐怕有違公司政策。

Really? Oh, how tedious!
這樣嗎?噢,多無趣啊!

It wouldn't be—
這樣不--

Shh!
噓!

Pardon?
抱歉?

No, not shh you, Mr. Slimy. I meant "Shh, Denise!"
不是,不是在噓你,滑頭先生。我剛是說「噓,丹妮絲!」

Mr. Slimy?
滑頭先生?

Oh, no! I mean Mr. Limey...Lime, uh, Seb! You see, it wouldn't be appropriate. So, with regret, I'm going to have to say no.
噢,不是啦!我是說滑姆先生...萊姆,呃,賽巴!你知道,那樣不太恰當。因此,很遺憾,我必須拒絕。

I think I've understood. Goodbye, Anna.
我想我明白了。再見,安娜。

Goodbye.
再見。

Oh dear, he didn't take that too well. But apart from a little mistake, Anna did well there. Here are the phrases she used to politely refuse the offer of lunch:
天啊,他不是很能接受呢。不過除了小小的錯誤以外,安娜表現得不錯。這裡是她用來禮貌回絕午餐提議的話:

Thank you for your offer. But I'm really sorry; I won't be able to.
謝謝你的提議。不過很抱歉;我沒辦法去。

I'm afraid it is against company policy.
這恐怕有違公司政策。

It wouldn't be appropriate.
這樣不太恰當。

With regret, I'm going to have to say no.
很遺憾,我必須拒絕。

Good job, Anna! Bad luck, Mr. Slimy!
幹得好,安娜!運氣不太好啊,滑頭先生!

播放本句

登入使用學習功能

使用Email登入

HOPE English 播放器使用小提示

  • 功能簡介

    單句重覆、上一句、下一句:顧名思義,以句子為單位重覆播放,單句重覆鍵顯示橘色時為重覆播放狀態;顯示灰色時為正常播放狀態。按上一句鍵、下一句鍵時就會自動重覆播放該句。
    收錄佳句:點擊可增減想收藏的句子。

    中、英文字幕開關:中、英文字幕按鍵為綠色為開啟,灰色為關閉。鼓勵大家搞懂每一句的內容以後,關上字幕聽聽看,會發現自己好像在聽中文說故事一樣,會很有成就感喔!
    收錄單字:用滑鼠框選英文單字可以收藏不會的單字。
  • 分享
    如果您覺得本篇短片很有趣或很喜歡,在短片結束時有分享連結,可以分享給朋友一同欣賞,一起看YouTube學英文!

    或是您有收錄很優秀的句子時,也可以分享佳句給大家,一同看佳句學英文!