使用chrome瀏覽器,輕鬆學英文。

如有任何問題,歡迎聯絡我們

「你的時尚,第三世界孩童的血汗」- The Child Labor Experiment


框選或點兩下字幕可以直接查字典喔!

Have you ever asked yourself who made your clothes? Quite possibly it was a child—one of millions working for the fashion industry, 16 hours a day, under miserable conditions. You can either just accept it, or you can do something about it. And that's what we did.
你曾問過自己,你的衣服是誰做的嗎?很可能是一個小孩--替時尚產業付出血汗的數百萬名孩童之一,一天工作十六小時,處在糟糕的環境。你可以就接受這現象,或你可以做點事。而我們就是選擇做點事。

To uncover the ruthless malls within the fashion industry, we carried out a simple field test...by doing the unthinkable. Children offering their cheap workforce to the big fashion brands in the First World...online, on the phone, and even directly in the stores.
為了要揭露時尚產業裡無良商場的真面目,我們進行了一個簡單的實地試驗...做意想不到的事情。小孩提供便宜勞力給在第一世界的時尚大牌...用網路、電話,甚至直接到店家。

Hi, I'm Emily and I would like to work here.
嗨,我是愛蜜莉,我想在這工作。

But you're way too young to work here.
不過妳太小了,還不能在這工作。

How old are you?
妳幾歲?

I'm 10 years old.
我十歲。

Then you can't work here.
那妳就不能在這工作。

But why?
不過為什麼呢?

You have to grow a little older.
妳還得再長大點。

But in India, children are allowed to work.
不過在印度,小朋友都可以工作啊。

Emm...
呃...

I can work for very little money.
我可以拿很少薪水。

Yeah, but...that's not possible.
嗯,不過...那是不可能的啊。

You're too young! I would be in trouble.
妳太小了!我會有麻煩。

That would be child labor.
那樣就是童工了。

Children shouldn't work.
小朋友不應該工作。

We said we would work all day long, without breaks. We got rejected everywhere.
我們說我們可以工作一整天,完全不用休息。每個地方都拒絕我們。

"We don't hire children."
「我們不請小孩。」

"Call us when you're 18."
「等你十八歲再打給我們。」

"Children should play, not work."
「小朋友應該玩耍,不是工作。」

Fashion Industry, children in the First and Third World aren't different. We reject your double standards. And we call on everyone to join us.
時尚業:第一世界的孩子和第三世界的孩子沒有不同。我們拒絕你們這樣的雙重標準。我們呼籲所有人加入我們。

Reject Child Labor
拒絕童工

Ask the brands #whomademyclothes
問各品牌 #我的衣服是誰做的

Share this video to spread the message.
分享這部影片來散播這個消息。

  • 「執行、進行」- Carry Out

    To uncover the ruthless malls within the fashion industry, we carried out a simple field test...by doing the unthinkable.
    為了要揭露時尚產業裡無良商場的真面目,我們進行了一個簡單的實地試驗...做意想不到的事情。

  • 「一整天」- All Day Long

    We said we would work all day long, without breaks.
    我們說我們可以工作一整天,完全不用休息。

  • 「號召、要求」- Call On

    We reject your double standards. And we call on everyone to join us.
    我們拒絕你們這樣的雙重標準。我們呼籲所有人加入我們。

播放本句

登入使用學習功能

使用Email登入

YOUTUBELEARN播放器使用小提示

  • 功能簡介

    單句重覆、上一句、下一句:顧名思義,以句子為單位重覆播放,單句重覆鍵顯示橘色時為重覆播放狀態;顯示灰色時為正常播放狀態。按上一句鍵、下一句鍵時就會自動重覆播放該句。
    收錄佳句:點擊可增減想收藏的句子。

    中、英文字幕開關:中、英文字幕按鍵為綠色為開啟,灰色為關閉。鼓勵大家搞懂每一句的內容以後,關上字幕聽聽看,會發現自己好像在聽中文說故事一樣,會很有成就感喔!
    收錄單字:用滑鼠框選英文單字可以收藏不會的單字。
  • 分享
    如果您覺得本篇短片很有趣或很喜歡,在短片結束時有分享連結,可以分享給朋友一同欣賞,一起看YouTube學英文!

    或是您有收錄很優秀的句子時,也可以分享佳句給大家,一同看佳句學英文!